One way to improve the gaming experience is to keep track of what frame rate your game is running at. This helps you evaluate gaming performance and make adjustments as needed. Steam allows you to turn on the in-game FPS (Frame Rate) indicator. In this guide, we will examine in detail the topics of turning on Steam FPS, how to turn on the FPS indicator and what is the FPS counter, with updated information for 2023. Read on to track and improve your gaming performance.
What is Steam FPS Counter?
FPS (Frame Rate) refers to how many frames of video the game can produce in one second. High FPS offers a smoother gaming experience, so players often want to monitor FPS values. Steam offers a working FPS indicator inside your games. This indicator displays the current FPS value during gameplay and thus allows you to monitor the performance of the game.
Turning on Steam FPS Indicator
Turning on the Steam FPS indicator is a fairly simple process. Here's a guide that explains how to do it step by step:
Step 1: Open the Steam App
First, open the Steam application on your computer. Steam You can use the desktop shortcut or start menu to open it.
Step 2: Open Steam Settings
After opening the Steam application, click on the "Steam" menu in the upper right corner. Then open Steam settings by clicking "Settings".
Step 3: Go to In-Game Settings
After opening Steam settings, click "In-Game" from the menu on the left. You may have to scroll to find this option.
Step 4: Enable FPS Indicator
When you get to the "In-Game" settings, there is an option called "FPS indicator". Check the box next to this option to enable it.
Step 5: Select FPS Indicator Location
After enabling the FPS indicator, you can choose where to display the indicator under the "FPS Count Location" heading. It is usually displayed in the upper left corner or upper right corner of the screen. After selecting your desired location, click "OK" or a similar button to save your settings. That's it for opening Steam FPS. Now, it's time to get into the game.
Step 6: Launch Your Game
After completing the settings, start your game. The FPS indicator should appear in-game. It usually appears in the upper right corner of the game or in your preferred location.
Now you can monitor your game's FPS values and evaluate performance.
Reading and Interpreting Steam FPS Counter
Let's say you have completed the Steam FPS opening process. So, how will you interpret the data before you? After enabling the FPS indicator, it is important to read and interpret the FPS values correctly. Here's a basic guide:
- 30 FPS or Lower: This means the game is underperforming and often leads to stuttering and interruptions. You may need to make adjustments to make your gameplay smoother.
- 30-60 FPS: The game is playable, but you may want to get higher FPS.
- 60 FPS and Above: This is ideal for many players. Games run smoother and more responsive.
- 120 FPS and Above: This provides a much smoother experience, especially on high refresh rate monitors.
By monitoring FPS values while playing your game, you can understand under which settings your game performs best.
FPS Boosting Tips
Didn't you like the results you got after opening Steam FPS? If so, it's time to increase FPS. Here are some basic FPS boosting tips:
- Lower Graphics Settings: Adjusting your game's graphics settings to lower levels increases FPS.
- Update Drivers: Keeping your graphics card drivers updated can improve performance.
- Close Background Apps: Apps running in the background can affect your gaming performance. Therefore, close unnecessary applications.
- Solve Heating Problems: Your computer's temperature affects performance. Control the temperature using a good cooling solution.
- Current Hardware: It is important to use up-to-date hardware to get high FPS. A newer graphics card or processor improves gaming performance.
- In-Game Settings: Games often have a number of internal settings that affect performance. Optimizing these settings increases FPS.
The Steam FPS indicator is a useful tool you can use to monitor and improve your gaming performance. By following this guide, you should have learned how to turn on the FPS indicator on Steam. You should also understand how to read FPS values correctly and some basic tips to improve your gaming performance. Opening Steam FPS is also useful at this stage. You can use this information to make your gaming experience smoother and more enjoyable.
Additionally, there are many other articles on different topics waiting for you on our website. Now, Steam password reset You can take a look at our guide. Later, What is Steam family sharing, what does it do, features, advantages and more It is also on our website. Next, Is selling a Steam account legal, can the account be deleted, is it safe, can it be stolen? We also answered questions such as. Moreover, What is a Steam random key, what does it do, does it make sense, can I get it? We also answered questions such as: Of course, there are many more of these on our site. If you wish, you can take a look. Now, we wish you many enjoyable games!