As next-generation consoles come closer, rumors regarding the new PlayStation are heating up each and every day. A new horde of information appeared on a Reddit leak, providing us with unannounced PS exclusive games and PS5 details. Taking these with a grain of salt would be the best approach.
The leak suggests that PS5 will launch on 30 October 2020, with a price tag of 500 dollars. Although Sony did not announce the PS5 launch date, the leak suggests that an event will be held on February 5th. Below, you can find the launch games of PS5. Descriptions are direct quotes from the leak itself, therefore they do not include Leadergamer.net's opinion in any way.
PlayStation 5 launch titles and exclusives
- New Killzone Title from Guerrilla Games (This title has been very much under wraps for years. It seems to be a huge departure/reboot from the rest of the franchise. Also extra focus on multiplayer.)
- Demon’s Souls Remake from Bluepoint Games (It’s a full remake of the game. Despite having Miyazaki’s blessing the game is sure to be a source of debate for fans since Bluepoint is taking artistic liberties and adding their own ideas.)
- SOCOM Reboot from San Diego Studio (Long rumored to be in development at Guerrilla, the game is being developed by ex Zipper Interactive employees and burnt out MLB devs using the Decima Engine. It has almost photo-realistic graphics.)
- Gran Turismo 7 from Polyphony Digital (Huge project that has been in development since 2014. The game is designed to be supported for 10 years and has more employees working on it than any game Sony has ever made.)
- New Ratchet & Clank from Insomniac Games (Start of a new Trilogy and sequel to the Future series the game has been in development since before the 2016 Remake was released. This game sees the return of space exploration, hover boots and competitive multiplayer which could be free to play. Still being decided.)
- New Multiplayer Title (Project Vanguard) from Remedy Entertainment (Sony is planning to acquire Remedy based on the reception to this game and a few other variables. In terms of this game, think of a cross between Control, Star Trek and the film Gravity.)
- WiLD from Wild Sheep Studio (Back in 2017 the game was a mess and lacked direction with Michel Ancel devoting more time to Beyond Good & Evil 2. He is still on board just in a lesser capacity. The game has switched to Decima Engine and will be on PS4 and PS5.)
- New Action Title from London Studio (Actually inspired by Hellblade, this game is a short, but hopefully satisfying open-world Guy Ritchie-like adventure.)
- New Action Title from Japan Studio (From the makers of Forbidden Siren, this game is more of a spiritual successor to Gravity Rush 2.
PlayStation 5 exclusive games and release dates
- New Horizon title from Guerrilla Games (2021)
- New Uncharted title from New Unnamed Studio (2021)
- New The Order title from Ready at Dawn Studios (2021)
- New Motorstorm title from Codemasters (2021)
- New Spider-Man title from Insomniac Games (2022)
- New God of War title from Santa Monica Studio (2022)
- New Fumito Ueda Title from genDesign (2022)
PlayStation 5 key features
- The ability to have 3 games and multiple media functionalities suspended while you play the 4th game.
- The ability to have different states of the same game running at the same time.
- In the cloud, you can have as many games suspended as you like. You can use the cloud to resume a game on your console after months of playing other games exactly where you left off or of course any other platform through the cloud.
- Game save data, screenshots and video clips can be offloaded to the cloud to free up hard drive space.
- Rigorous amounts of data and statistics for you to view your games and platform use.
- Backward Compatibility for all PlayStation Formats.