Sony has produced platforms that have defined entire generations and earned the hearts of gamers over the past ten years, including the PS2 and PSP. However, among these are the PS4, which has the strongest sales, and the PS5, which was just introduced, both of which are incredibly powerful systems with a large selection of games and exclusive titles. But even so, a working machine can gradually lose some of its functions and parts, leading to problems like the unpleasant error np-34957-8 that affects both Playstation consoles.
Most of the time, a software bug causes the actual problem to arise. There are many error codes for the PS4, which have tormented the entire user base for virtually its entire life cycle, just like how games get messed up, like Apex Legends Crashing. Despite the PS5's release only a few years ago, these problems persisted with the Next-gen hardware and the PS5 error codes.
For your benefit, we have listed a total of 8 excellent solutions to this stubborn problem. Let's talk about what the issue np-34957-8 is and how to solve it as soon as possible for both the PlayStation 4 and 5. These fixes aren't permanent, but they will help you deal with it until it happens again later.
What Is The NP-34957-8 Error Code?
You must first recognize a few crucial elements about what the error code message indicates in order to comprehend what we're dealing with here. The first two letters of the error code NP, which stands for "Network Problem," suggest that the error code np-34957-8 is primarily connected to a network issue on both of the more recent PlayStation consoles. It is comparable to the error number CE-34878-0, where "CE" stands for Common Errors.
But looking at the message prompt of our np-34957-8 error, and it is pretty self-explanatory to understand the problem. There have been numerous variations of these hazy errors with different numerical codes that lead to specific problems with the software or hardware throughout both the PS4 and PS5's life cycle.
It connects with the console being unable to properly establish a connection to the backend Playstation servers, leading to troublesome invasions like the np-34957-8 error code. The issue prompt states, "The Playstation Network is presently undergoing maintenance."
There is more to this than first appears, since the servers will occasionally function normally, however customers have reported encountering the issue on their PS4 and PS5. Unfortunately, the mistake won't go away completely on its own, but hopefully it can be fixed to the point where you can play your games normally and without interruptions.
We have been able to explain a few effective fixes and strategies to assist you in fixing the error code np-34957-8 after scouring numerous community forums and trying out some fixes ourselves. They will undoubtedly assist anyone struggling with this issue so they can use their computers unrestrictedly.
How To Fix The Error Code NP-34957-8 On Playstation
It's all owing to the numerous Reddit and Discord communities where PlayStation 4 and 5 users have listed a few methods that have been able to assist them in getting rid of this annoying np-34957-8 error code from their system.
The PS4 and PS5 are both machines, thus it is vital to remember that they are both destined to have flaws or become worn out when you use them frequently. Most players wouldn't picture them working owing to them being unconventional or weird. But maybe one of the remedies we've provided will work and end the possibility of the mistake reoccurring.
We strongly advise you to carefully follow each workaround because they all may help you get rid of it quickly. Without further ado, let's talk about how to resolve the np-34957-8 on your PlayStation Console now that they have all been identified and succinctly explained.
Restart The Console
You must restart the PlayStation console at least once or twice to see if the error is fixed before moving on to the more involved techniques. When it comes to fixing any type of significant issues noticed on your PC or console, it may be among the oldest tactics in the book. Rebooting their system is a popular strategy used by many players worldwide, so you should give it a shot too.
When it comes to actually restarting the console, you shouldn't have any issues because all you need to do is navigate to the power menus on both systems and select "Restart." Users of the PS4 can access the power options by simply pressing the PS button on their Dualshock 4. Users of the PS5 just need to press and hold the PS button on the Dualsense in order to enter the fast access menu and choose the power menu.
Alternately, Power Cycling on the console offers an additional benefit that many players are likely unaware of at the moment. If you properly follow our instructions, it is pretty easy to do:
- You should first completely shut off the console.
Once you've done so, take out the power cord from behind it and, for your own safety, unplug it from the outlet to drain any remaining electricity.
Once you've completed that, all that's left to do is wait, preferably for a few minutes.
Just reattach the console's cords to them now.
Restart the system to see if the problem has been fixed. If not, we can now go to the techniques in our list after that.
Update The System Software
The Operating System plays a pivotal role in any hardware as it is the core functioning software so that the system can easily handle all of the provided tasks. So with that in mind, it is highly suggested that you keep the firmware of both the PS5 and PS4 updated to their version. More often than not, issues like the error code np-34957-8 can also originate from the console OS being outdated or corrupted in some manner.
- It is similar to occasions where Operating systems like Linux or Windows may need to get a reinstallation done or scanned for updates so that they may perform at the most optimal performance. You can efficiently reinstall or update the system software of the PS5 and PS4 in the following way, which works the same for both systems:The System Software update will often be downloaded and installed automatically, but if it becomes corrupt, you can choose to complete the procedure manually as well.
- In order to download the firmware update file onto a USB stick, you first need to make sure it has at least 4 Gigabytes of space and, more crucially, that it is formatted to either ExFat or FAT32.
- By visiting the official PS5 and PS4 System Software websites, which may instruct you on how to download the most recent version, you can safely download the most recent firmware upgrade.
- Depending on your console, you must create a folder in the USB directory called "PS4" or "PS5". Make sure you save the update file inside of that folder as "PS4/PS5UPDATE.PUP."
- The next step is to start the consoles in safe mode, which can be accomplished by holding down the power button for 7-8 seconds. The PS4 and PS5 will emit a second beep following the first one, which will activate their Safe Mode Menu.
- The setting to factory reset your console is one of several useful choices in the menu.
- To update the system software manually via the USB rather than the Internet, choose the third option on this menu, Update System Software, for the time being.
- The console should be able to recognize the Firmware update file if you followed the instructions exactly, at which point it will start the installation process.
- Although it can take a few minutes, rest confident that it should go off without a hitch.
- Return to the system's main dashboard and check to see if you can connect to the servers at this time.
Rebuild The Database
More often than not, you will want to remove the excess system cache or data that will be roaming needlessly on your Playstation Console. Luckily PC users have that blessing in disguise via the different Store Launchers and their features, such as Steam‘s Verify Integrity of Game Files option. Similarly, Playstation users can use a function in the Safe Menu of their consoles called the Rebuild Database option.
The feature is used to boost the system memory, which will undoubtedly help keep the UI and general processing of the consoles stable and free of any known or major issues. You can begin the Rebuild Database process on your PS5 or PS4 by following our step-by-step procedure on it:
- Of course, make sure your console is completely turned off
- Press and hold down the power button for a few seconds after the initial boot-up sound to hear a 2nd one which will open up the Safe Mode menu on your screen
- You will be prompted to connect your controller to your Playstation in order to navigate the menu.
- Select the 5th option, which is called the “Rebuild Database,” as shown in the image above.
- Once you have confirmed the process, the console should reboot and begin the rebuild database operation.
- It should only roughly take about a few minutes to complete, but once you’re done, check back into your account and see if you can connect to the PSN servers now.
Retry Logging Into PSN
Unbelievably, some Reddit users have posted remarks advising those who are facing the issue to try signing in and out of their PSN account on the console. Rarely, problems with the error number np-34957-8 and others of a similar nature may simply result from your account data being unable to sync with the Playstation Network services' backend servers.
There are more situations where your Trophies won't sync with PSN, or in the worst event, the connection to the cloud where your account data is stored will suddenly break down. Therefore, it might be smart to simply log out and sign back into PSN in such strange instances.
- All that is needed to do is go to the Settings tab on the PS4 or PS5.
- When you get there, look for the Account Management Option as seen in the accompanying figure.
- To end the PSN service on the PS4 or PS5, users may simply select the Sign Out option from this menu.
- Use your PSN account credentials to instantly log back into the network to determine if the issue has been fixed. This should just take a little while.
- Users only need to scroll down to the Other menu on the PS5 to log out and out of their PlayStation Account.
- While you're here, you might also try selecting "Link with other Services," where users can try reconnecting their social network accounts on platforms like Twitter, Twitch, and Youtube. Due to these services falling offline or other issues, the PSN service may be having issues.
- especially if your account is linked to the console, updating.
Evaluate The PSN Server Status
PlayStation is a part of Sony, one of the largest enterprises in the world. They have a ton of pricey equipment and technology that frequently needs to run at maximum capacity in order to meet client expectations and other requirements. They run their products, such as the PS4 and PS5, mostly using the PlayStation Network Service (PSN), which is used for your online connectivity in a range of games on the devices.
Nevertheless, scheduled maintenance may cause the PSN service to be interrupted occasionally. This often occurs when a server's capacity is surpassed or, in the worst case scenario, when it has been compromised by an unauthorized user or group. There is no need to worry, though, since Sony actively tries to increase the security restrictions on their servers every single day, making the latter currently only sometimes possible.
In order to make necessary server management updates and modifications that will increase its stability and user base, the PlayStation Network may also be shut down. However, it's a good idea to double-check and make sure the servers are up and running if the PSN services suddenly cease working and you're left puzzled. This could very well be the cause of issue np-34957-8.
The PlayStation website's Official Server Status, which includes a list of all known or impacted services, such as the PSN shop and the system's multiplayer and social center, fortunately allows you to swiftly evaluate the condition of the servers. Depending on the situation, the shortest period of time that these servers will be offline should be an hour or less because Sony will be making every effort to find a solution as soon as possible.
Improve Your Network Connection
The PS4 and PS5 are frequently used by a variety of different types of players. It may be time for an internet connection update or anything similar if you are one of those folks who occasionally has network troubles like these on PSN.
To utilize the PSN service without any issues, you must have a connection that is at least 4MB speed or faster. Furthermore, if you want to keep your connection to Sony's back-end servers functioning properly and coherently, you must have enough bandwidth. If there is any instability or disruption, you might have trouble playing multiplayer video games, and it might also interfere with the connection between PSN servers.
Thankfully, you have the option to switch to an upgraded ethernet connection for your console rather than remaining with your current wireless connection. A considerable change in internet speeds will result from the use of an Ethernet cable, which guarantees a steady flow of bandwidth so that you can play on the system without any problems. In multiplayer games, it also eliminates any potential lag or latency, which will undoubtedly ruin your experience.
Additionally, you might request that your Internet service provider find a way to route an Ethernet wire from your modem or router to your gaming console. Last but not least, if you're unable to do that, don't panic; you can still activate custom DNS settings on the console, which we'll go over in further depth later.
Use The Google DNS Settings
- One of the workarounds users have discovered on numerous community forums and groups is to add the Google DNS settings to the network settings on your PS4 and PS5. It is one of the crucial elements of your connectivity to the internet on numerous devices and is known simply as Domain Name System.
Google's official DNS protocol is well-liked globally and has been independently validated by several networking connoisseurs because it provides a more openly available and superior experience than the bulk of ISP DNS values. It's also possible that your current DNS is malfunctioning, therefore it's worthwhile to switch to another one and see if it resolves the issue. Users of PlayStation can enable the Google DNS settings by following the instructions below:
- First, navigate to the Network Options in either the PS4 or PS5's main settings.
- Go to Set Up Internet Connection after arriving here. If you already have an Ethernet connection, you will need to add a new one on the PS5 in order to change it to your specific settings. In addition, a wireless connection can be adjusted to suit your tastes.
- Next, choose Set Up Manually from the list of available networks rather than choosing from the list by looking down.
- To change its settings, select your Internet connection from the list.
- A number of alternatives to modify your network connection will be shown to you.
- You can change them using the Manual setting or leave them on Automatic.
- Scroll down to the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS Settings in the list for the time being.
- As seen in the image above, change the Primary DNS to "220.127.116.11" and the Secondary DNS to "18.104.22.168" correspondingly.
- Now, you can also modify the MTU settings to "1478," although this is entirely optional. In plain English, the option may have an impact on the fragmentation of your internet data packets. Therefore, we only slightly altered it from the original 1500 number such that the difference is barely audible.
Contact PlayStation Support
Last but not least, if all else fails, you might want to think about getting in touch with a Sony or PlayStation Support Agent who can further investigate any hardware issues with your console. Thankfully, the customer support crew is dependable, as stated by several users on Reddit who had their varied concerns handled simply by contacting them during their designated working hours.
To discover more about each problem with various Sony gaming consoles and software, as well as the network-related problems corresponding to the np-34957-8 error code, you can fortunately go directly to the Official Support Page. The website contains enough information for you to likely find the right solution to any serious issue affecting your system and its PSN services.
Additionally, you may use the official Contact Us form to initiate a Live Chat with a PlayStation specialist who can assist you in addressing any issues that you are unable to resolve using the main support page. Although there may be a 10- to 15-minute delay to start a live chat, we strongly encourage being patient because most serious problems can be quickly fixed by speaking with an agent.
In the current gaming period, the Playstation 4 and 5 are among the most sought-after consoles. Both of these enormous structures include architecture and technologies that make it possible to run the majority of games with ease. But of course, these devices may experience problems and malfunctions as time goes on and they are used more frequently.
Some may be otherwise catastrophic, while others may only be trivial. For example, error codes like np-34957-8 are merely the top of the iceberg when it comes to the systems' well-known issues. You will frequently find yourself going down a rabbit hole in search of a working fix for the faults and glitches when these annoyances are present.
The PlayStation Network Service is comparable to Xbox Live in that it serves as the primary social center for connecting online and enabling seamless multiplayer game play throughout the globe. You will need to set aside your controller and hunt for the best ways to get rid of them, though, as network error codes will plague the experience.
Fortunately, the np-34957-8 error code isn't too annoying because you can still access your physical games and play single-player games. We strongly advise you to look into your internet connection if you want to rapidly get rid of this problem because that was one of the most frequent causes, according to other users on Discord and Reddit.
Additionally, the error message will be very apparent that the servers are down, therefore we strongly advise checking their status as well to determine whether the issue is actually with Sony. With the fixes we've provided, you should be able to get rid of the problems the error code caused and resume playing your games in peace. As always, good luck from eXputer!