Developers announced that Neverwinter: Infernal Descent is now available on both consoles, namely Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Set in the Forgotten Realms, players will go through a completely new set of adventures with the Infernal Descent update.
If you would like to, you can watch the trailer above to get an idea of how the update looks. Players will follow a different storyline, set in Vallenhas family stronghold, which will lead to different experiences throughout the game. Furthermore, two new heroes, the Paladin Alric Vallenhas and the Bard Etrien Sael will be at your service to enjoy the adventure.
Developers of the game mention that the campaign is "specifically crafted for level 80 characters". Therefore, the update does seem to require some experience level.
All Neverwinter: Infernal Descent features:
- Players will witness a thrilling story based on the official Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus campaign from Dungeons & Dragons unfold as Vallenhas Manor has been ripped from Faerûn and pulled into Avernus, the first layer of the Nine Hells.
- Brave adventurers can enter a challenging endgame Descent Into Avernus campaign. Level 80 characters that have players descend straight into Hell. You'll be there to save the people of Vallenhas Estate from the infernal machinations of the archdevil Zariel.
- Unite new heroes, Paladin Alric Vallenhas, a once righteous paladin who wishes to redeem himself, and Bard Etrien Sael, a protector of innocents who’s loyal to the Vallenhas family.
- Players can explore the fractured lands surrounding the Vallenhas Manor, fight against the evil spawn of the Lower Planes, such as new demons, devils and infernal war machines, and experience heroic encounters.
- Set in a deadly devil’s citadel that floats above Avernus. This new endgame dungeon provides an epic challenge that will put adventurers skills to the test.