You must fulfill the following conditions in order to play co-op in Saints Row cooperatively with a friend:
- The host has completed the mission “MAKING RENT“
- Neither the host, or the other player are in an active mission (Note: The whole tutorial, until completing “MAKING RENT” is deemed as active mission)
- Both players need to be on the same game version
- A PlayStation 4 player cannot actively invite a PlayStation 5 users directly in-game. The PlayStation 5 player will need to use “request to join” in the co-op menu instead, and then can be accepted into the game by the PlayStation 4
- If you have issues joining a friend in co-op, resulting in a prolonged “Waiting for Host” message, restarting the application will fix the problem
The setting for Saints Row is the fictional city of Santo Ileso, which is located in the American southwest and is loosely modeled on Las Vegas, Nevada. The Idols, an anarchist gang that preys on nightclubs and the nightlife, Los Panteros, a tough car and fitness-oriented gang, and Marshall Defense Industries, an international private military company with a Santo Ileso base and a reputation for its cutting-edge high-tech weaponry, are the three criminal gangs that control Santo Ileso.
Former Marshall Defense Industries employee "The Boss" is the player character. To assume authority over these gangs, he gathers their angry members into a new gang. On August 23, 2022, the fifth installment in the series was made available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Google Stadia.