It's almost time for the new Modern Warfare! In a multiplayer beta test, the most devoted fans are already engaging in gunfire. On October 28, 2022, the entire edition of the game will be released on PC, old and new consoles, and even the single-player campaign will be accessible to gamers who preordered the game up to a week early. Do you want to learn more about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game modes? Find out now.
All Game Modes in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
In addition to a host of brand-new co-op modes, Modern Warfare 2 has a newly revamped Gunsmith system that allows players to finely tune their weapon accessories. The addition of a new third-person perspective and several alterations to the movement and reloading animations may be the biggest improvements to the gameplay in this series to date.
As usual, CoD MW2 will offer three primary game modes:
Maps for multiplayer games fall into one of two categories:
- Battle Maps (for 32 vs 32 for Ground War modes)
- Core Maps (for 6 vs 6 for all Classic modes)
There are also some completely new game modes:
- Knockout – Two teams fight to secure the package, but they have limited lives.
- Prisoner Rescue – One team tries to get the hostages out, while the other team works to build defenses around them.
- Invasion (Ground War) – Literally a war simulation in which players together with AI engage in huge battles.
In addition to the new content, numerous enduring game types are making a comeback in Modern Warfare 2. The following ones have so far been confirmed:
- Team Deathmatch
- Search and Destroy
All of these game types have just been made public, some of which we had a chance to try out during the beta test. Keep checking back for a definitive list of all game modes in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as additional game modes are undoubtedly going to be added to the complete version of the game at launch or through subsequent updates.