Battlefield series, plagued with problematic launches, is struggling one more time with bugs and errors. Although developers are stating that they are working on fixing the bugs and making the game playable there wasn’t any significant developments until now. Today, EA DICE launched the day one patch for the game.
Although the patch does not fix most of the bugs, it addresses the most critical errors. Therefore, the game should now be playable for most of the console and PC players. Keep in mind that the game is in an “early access” mode, thus it is not completely released yet. Below, you can find the full patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 day one patch notes
- Implemented server side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of rubber banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the silos are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the end of round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via mastery progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with random deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC only - Enabled Specialist selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the end of round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.